Recovering a Service Definition through Force Upload
You can use the force-upload feature to overwrite the service definitions that were recovered using the service recovery feature and do not contain the changes made through CLI configuration or through templates. You do this by creating a service definition containing templates that matches the configuration, and uploading it to the Connectivity Services Director application.
You use service recovery to manage a service on the device. You can only upload data which is part of the service definition. The Force Upload feature is used to upload templates associated with the service definition.
You can use templates to recover changes made through the CLI configuration. You use the Force Upload feature to upload a template for one or more endpoints associated with the service.
In Connectivity Services Director Release 2.0 and earlier, you cannot recover changes made to service definitions through CLI configuration or through templates.
To perform the force-upload action:
- In the Connectivity Services Director Application, select Service View from the Views list.
The workspaces applicable to the services are displayed.
- Click the Deploy tab in the Task Categories
The features that you can configure in this mode are displayed in the Tasks pane.
- From the Service View pane, click Network Services.
The tasks you can perform are displayed in the Tasks pane.
- From the Tasks pane, select Key Tasks > Manage Services.
The Manage Network Services page is displayed.
- Select the service you want to force-upload by selecting the check box next to the service.
- Click the Action tab and select Force
Upload from the list of actions.
The Force Upload page is displayed.
- From the Service Details table in the force
- Click the arrow in the Device Name column of
the table. From the list that appears, choose the device by selecting
the check box next to it.
The device is added to the Device Name column.
You can add more than one device at a time.
- Click the arrow in the Interfaces column of
the table. From the list that appears, you can select more than one
interface associated with the device.
The interface is added to the Interfaces column.
Selection of devices and interfaces is optional. If you select a device or an interface, the template associated with the selected device or selected interface is uploaded.
If you select a device, all interfaces associated with that device are uploaded. If you select a device and an interface, the interface associated with that device is uploaded.
- Click the arrow in the Device Name column of the table. From the list that appears, choose the device by selecting the check box next to it.
- Click Ok to confirm force-upload.
The service definition is uploaded on the selected device and interface.