Configuring OSPF (NSM Procedure)
To configure OSPF:
- In the NSM navigation tree, select Device Manager > Devices. Double-click the device object to open the device configuration.
- In the device navigation tree, select Network >Virtual Router to display the list of configured virtual routers. Double-click the virtual router in which you are configuring an OSPF routing instance. The Virtual Router configuration screen appears.
- In the virtual router navigation tree, select Dynamic Routing Protocol and enable Configured OSPF Instance check box. OSPF configuration options now appear in the virtual router navigation tree under Dynamic Routing Protocol.
- In the virtual router navigation tree, select OSPF > Parameters to display the Parameters screen. Select OSPF, and then click OK to close the Parameters screen.
- To define a new non-backbone OSPF area:
Select OSPF > Area. The Area configuration screen appears. In this screen, do the following:
Click the Add icon.
Enter ID in the Area ID box.
Select the interfaces that are to be included in this OSPF area.
Select the Type.
Click OK to close the Area configuration screen.
- In the device navigation tree, select Network > Interface to display the list of interfaces. Double-click the interface that is connected to OSPF peers to open the interface screen.
- In the interface navigation tree, select Protocol to display the Protocol screen, then click the OSPF tab and configure the following:
- Select the ID of the OSPF area to which the interface is bound.
- Select OSPF.
- Click OK.