This Week: Hardening Junos Devices, 2nd Edition
This book is part of the Day One Fundamentals Series, a growing library of network fundamentals that welcome engineers to the Junos OS and Juniper Networks.
- Review the non-technical aspects of device management that are so critical to the overall security posture of your organization.
- Understand how physical security is an important aspect of device deployment.
- Understand and deploy the Junos operating system’s inherent security features.
- Identify important management, access services, and user account restrictions to provide least privileged access.
- Configure route authentication for popular routing and signaling protocols.
- Create and apply a firewall filter to protect the routing engine.
* If you have an existing Juniper user account, you can use it to login to J-Net
About the Author
Author Q & A
What got you started on this book?
Who is this book for?
After reading this book, what's the take away?
What are you hoping that people will learn from this book?
What do you recommend as the next item to read after this book?
- Junos Cookbook - Provides solid background information and commands to verify proper operations of specific features.
- Junos High Availability - Provides a practical operational approach on many topics that contribute to a highly available network, to include SNMP planning, Out-of-band management, scripting and introduces device and network based security.
- Doug Hank’s Day One guide on Securing the Routing Engine. Although this book takes a different overall approach to writing and applying firewall filters it does provide a lot of foundation and reference information.
- Junos Automation series. Great books to get you started with Junos automation.