|6.0.1||Added Max failed login attempts and User lock time.|
|6.0.4||Added Username requirements.|
The SSR password policies have been updated to provide a more secure experience. When creating passwords and password policies for users, the following parameters are enforced.
- Password must contain 1 capital, 1 lower case, 1 number and 1 special character.
- Password must be between 8 and 15 characters.
- Minimum and maximum password length are configurable.
- When a password is changed, characters must be changed in at least eight of the positions within the password.
- The minimum password lifetime is 24 hours/1 day.
- There is a 60-day maximum password lifetime restriction.
- Password reuse is prohibited for a minimum of five generations.
- A temporary password for system logons is allowed, with an immediate change to a permanent password.
- The default admin password must be changed to strong password on first use.
- The maximum failed login attempts are configurable, with a default of 6.
- User lock time (time the user must wait before attempting login after reaching the max failed attempts) is configurable. The default is 1800 seconds.
- Usernames may contain only lower and upper case letters, digits, underscores
_, or dashes
- They can end with a dollar sign
-are not allowed at the beginning of the username.
- Fully numeric usernames and usernames beginning with
.are not recommended.
- Usernames may only be up to 32 characters long.
.character is allowed within a username:
After upgrading to a release with new username pattern support, users can add a username using the above requirements. However, after rolling back a node to the previous release, the username delete will fail because the old user data model does not support the new format. Usernames that do not support the old username pattern should be deleted before rolling back nodes. If they are not, those users cannot be deleted after the rollback.