Front-and-Rear-Mounting the JSA Appliance Recessed in a Rack
This option provides additional front clearance in the equipment rack. It is used for a larger chassis, like the JSA5500 appliance, that requires additional support when mounted on the rack-mount system.
To mount the appliance using this option:
- Remove the rear screws on each side of the system’s front rails and the two small screws toward the front of the chassis.
- Loosen the side-rail screws of the chassis and slide the front rails of the system backward, as far as they will move.
- Tighten the side-rail screws. Insert the two small screws in the recessed holes on the front rails and tighten.
- Slide the rear-mount rail brackets into the backs of the front rails on either side of the chassis and align with your rear equipment rack posts. Secure the rear-mount rail brackets to your equipment rack with two rack mount screws each. See Figure 1.
- Insert locking screws on the sides of the rear-mount brackets to secure the front and rear mounting brackets in place.
- Verify that the mounting screws on one side of the rack are aligned with the mounting screws on the opposite side and that the appliance is level.
The recessed position allows network and console cables to be routed through the sides of the equipment rack and through the holes of the recessed front rails on either side of the unit. This enables easy cable routing on the racks with limited cable management.