Installing the CNA Module on the JSA1500 Appliance
To install the Converged Network Adapter (CNA) module on a JSA1500:
- Power down the JSA1500 unit.
- Unscrew the two thumbscrews on the right-most blank IOC
modules and remove the dummy tray.
The IOC module supports 10G connectivity with SFP+ transceivers. It supports only 1G connectivity using dual-rate optics: UNIV-SFPP-DUAL-SR and UNIV-SFPP-DUAL-LR.
The JSA7500 supports only the 2-port 10G IOC module in a one-half height tray.
- Insert the 2-port 10G CNA module firmly and screw in the
two thumbscrews. See Figure 1.
Figure 1: JSA1500 with the CNA Card Inserted1—Empty6—USB port2—Hard drive7—Console port3—IOC expansion slot with 2-port 10G CNA module installed8—Fault LED4—IOC expansion slot9—Hard disk activity LED5—Network ports10—Power LED
- Power on the JSA1500 unit and watch it boot on the serial console.
- Verify that the link and activity LED on the new 2-port 10G CNA module light up when you connect the ports to your Ethernet switch with a duplex multi mode LC/LC MMF fiber optic cable.
- Log in to the admin console. You should now see four more
Ethernet interfaces appear as 2-5. The four ports are labeled 0, 1,
2, and 3 and should map to Ethernet interfaces as follows (default
0 = eth0
1 = eth1
2 = eth2
3 = eth3