Installing the CNA Module on the JSA7500 Appliance
To install the Converged Network Adapter (CNA) module on a JSA7500:
- Power down the JSA7500 unit.
- Unscrew the two thumbscrews on the right-most blank IOC
modules and remove the dummy tray.
The IOC module supports 10G connectivity with SFP+ transceivers. It supports only 1G connectivity using dual-rate optics: UNIV-SFPP-DUAL-SR and UNIV-SFPP-DUAL-LR.
The JSA7500 supports only the 2-port 10G IOC module in a one-half height tray.
- Insert the 2-port 10G IOC module firmly and screw in the
two thumbscrews. See Figure 1.
Figure 1: JSA7500 with the CNA Card Inserted1—Hard drive7—USB ports2—Network port 08—DB-9 Serial Console port3—Network port 19—Power switch4—Network port 210—Redundant power supply5—IOC expansion slots11—Redundant power supply6—Network port 3
- Power on the JSA7500 unit and watch it boot on the serial console.
- Verify that the link and activity LED on the new 2-port 10G IOC module light up when you connect the ports to your Ethernet switch with a duplex multi mode LC/LC MMF fiber optic cable.
- Log in to the admin console. You should now see four more
Ethernet interfaces appear as 2-5. The four ports are labeled 0, 1,
2, and 3 and should map to Ethernet interfaces as follows (default
0 = eth0
1 = eth1
2 = eth2
3 = eth3