Configuring the Basic Settings
When deploying a Juniper Secure Analytics (JSA) appliance with image 2013.2.r3.607582, you must reimage the appliance to the common image 2013.2.r3.615469 or above. For more information, see Installing JSA Using a Bootable USB Flash-Drive Technical Note.
To configure the basic setting using the JSA interface:
When using a laptop to connect to the appliance, you must use a terminal program, such as HyperTerminal, to connect to the appliance.
- Power on the system.
- Select the appropriate COM port to use.
- Configure the following port settings:
Bits per second = 9600
Stop bits = 1
Data bits = 8
Parity = None
- At the console prompt, log in as root (default username).
No password is required when you log in for the first time.
The username is case sensitive.
- Press Enter. The End User License Agreement (EULA) appears.
- Read the information in the window. Press the Spacebar to advance each window until you have reached
the end of the document. Type YES to accept
the agreement, then press Enter. The Appliance ID selection
Although your current position is not highlighted, use up or down arrow keys and spacebar to select an option. Use left or right arrow keys to select Next.
- Select the appliance ID and then press Enter to select Next.
For more information on the appliance ID, see the KB article KB14832 at https://kb.juniper.net/KB14832.
- Select normal from the following types of setup:
recovery—HA recovery setup
- Select Next. The Tuning Template window appears.
- Select Enterprise to tune your appliance.
- Select Next. The Date and Time window appears.
- Select the method you want to use to set the date and
Manual–Allows you to manually input the time and date. Use the Spacebar to select the option, and then use Tab to select Next. Press Enter. Go to Step 13.
Server–Allows you to specify your time server. Use the Spacebar to select the option, and then use Tab to select Next. Press Enter. Go to Step 14.
- Enter the current date and time and then select Next. Press Enter. The Time Zone Continent window appears.
- Select your time zone region, and select Next. The options appearing in this window are regions associated with the continent or area previously selected.
- Select one of the following Internet protocols:
IPv6—Internet Protocol version 6
IPv4—Internet Protocol version 4
- Select Next. The Management Interface window appears.
- Select the interface you want to specify as the management interface and select Next.
- To configure the JSA network settings,
enter the values for the following parameters. Use the up or down
arrow keys to navigate the fields:
When you configure the network setting such as hostname and IP address using the qchange_netsetup script, the JSA appliance hangs while rebooting. This issue is seen in 2013.2.r3.607582 and it will be fixed in the future releases. You need to manually power cycle the JSA appliance to overcome this issue.
Hostname—Type a fully qualified domain name (FQDN) as the system hostname.
IP Address—Specify the IP address of the system.
Netmask—Specify the network mask address for the system.
Gateway—Specify the default gateway for the system.
Primary DNS—Specify the primary DNS server.
Secondary DNS—Optional. Specify the secondary DNS server.
Public IP—Optional. Specify the public IP address of the server. The server uses this IP address to communicate with another server that belongs to a different network using Network Address Translation (NAT). NAT translates an IP address in one network to a different IP address in another network.
Email Server—Specify the e-mail server. If you do not have an e-mail server, specify the local host in this field.
- Use Tab to select Next. Press Enter. The New Root Password window appears.
- To configure the JSA root password:
Type a new password.
Select Next and then press Enter. The Confirm New Root Password window appears.
Retype your new password to confirm it and select Finish.
A series of messages appears as JSA continues with the installation. This is typically a three-to-five-minute process. When the JSA installation process is complete, the message window appears.
- Press Enter and select OK to complete the installation.
You are now ready to access JSA. For more information, see Accessing the JSA Interface.
- Type exit and press Enter.