Replacing the Fan on the JSA Appliance
The JSA7500 has eight cooling fans. The fans are hot-swappable.
JSA7500 has internal hot-swappable cooling fans. These cooling fans are removed and installed from the top of the JSA7500.
To remove and install the fan for JSA7500:
- Attach an ESD grounding strap to your bare wrist and connect the strap to the ESD point on the chassis.
- Turn the screws to the left on the fan door at the top of the device as shown in Figure 1.
- Open the lid as shown in Figure 1.
- Pull the lever out as shown in Figure 2.
- Grasp the fan protected with the cover and pull it out to disengage its power connection as shown in Figure 2.
- Wait for the fan to stop spinning.
To avoid injury, do not proceed until the fan has stopped spinning.
- Replace the fan and then close the lever as shown in Figure 3.
- Install the fan in the device as shown in Figure 3.
- Engage the fan lever to secure the fan in place.
- Close the fan lid and tighten the screws to secure it in the chassis.