Replacing a DC Power Supply on the JSA Appliance
To replace a DC power supply:
- Switch off the dedicated facility circuit breaker for the power supply being removed.
- Make sure that the voltage across the DC power source cable leads is 0 V and that there is no chance that the cables might become active during the removal process.
- Attach an ESD grounding strap to your bare wrist and connect the strap to one of the ESD points on the chassis.
- Remove the clear plastic cover protecting the terminal studs on the faceplate.
- Remove the screws from the terminals. Use a number-2 Phillips screwdriver to loosen and remove the screws.
- Remove the cable lugs from the terminals.
- Carefully move the power cables out of the way.
- Push the tab on the left edge of the power supply to the left.
- Pull the power supply straight out of the chassis.
- Using both hands, slide the replacement power supply straight into the chassis until the power supply is fully seated in the chassis slot. Make sure the tab on the left edge of the power supply clicks into place.
- To connect the DC source power to the JSA appliance, see Connecting JSA to a DC Power Source.