Grounding the JSA7500 Appliance
To meet safety and electromagnetic interference (EMI) requirements and to ensure proper operation, you must adequately ground the JSA7500 appliance before connecting it to the power source.
You can ground the JSA7500 appliance either from the side of the chassis or from the rear panel. If you use the grounding lug, then we recommend that you use the grounding points available on the side of the chassis.
A ground connection to the protective earthing terminal is not required for an AC-powered JSA7500. The AC power cords provide adequate grounding when you plug the power supply in the switch into a grounded AC power outlet by using the AC power cord appropriate for your geographical location.
Table 1 lists the specifications of the grounding cable and grounding lug used with the JSA7500 appliance.
Table 1: Grounding Cable and Grounding Lug Specifications for the JSA7500 Appliance
8 AWG wire
Amperage of grounding cable
Up to 50 A
Two 10-32 x 1/4-in. pan-head screws with two 1 mm washers and one grounding lug
The grounding kit is shipped with the JSA7500 appliance.
Before you install the appliance, a licensed electrician must attach a grounding cable and a grounding lug to the grounding points with the 10-32 x 1/4-in. pan-head screws and 1 mm washers. A grounding cable with an incorrectly attached lug or screws can damage the appliance (for example, by causing a short circuit).
To ground the JSA7500 appliance:
- Connect the grounding cable to a proper earth ground.
- Verify that a licensed electrician has attached the grounding lug to the grounding cable.
- Place the grounding cable lug over the grounding points
on the side of the chassis as shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1: Grounding the JSA7500 Appliance1—10-32 x 1/4-in. Pan-head screws3—Grounding lug2—1 mm washer4—Grounding points
- Secure the grounding cable lug to the grounding points with the screws and washers as shown in Figure 1.
- Dress the grounding cable, and verify that it does not touch or block access to the JSA7500 components and that it does not cause a tripping hazard.