Emailing Assigned Vulnerability Reports to Technical Users
In JSA Vulnerability Manager, you can send an assigned vulnerabilities report to the technical contact for each asset.
An emailed report reminds your administrators that vulnerabilities are assigned to them and require remediation. Reports can be scheduled monthly, weekly, daily, or hourly.
You must complete the following tasks:
Assign a technical user as the owner of asset groups. For more information, see Assigning a Technical User As the Owner Of Asset Groups
Scan the assets that you assigned the technical owner to.
Create and save a vulnerability search that uses the Technical Owner Contact parameter as an input. For more information, see Searching Vulnerability Data
- Click the Reports tab.
- On the toolbar, select Actions >Create.
- Click Weekly and then click Next.
- Click the undivided report layout that is displayed on the upper left section of the report wizard and click Next.
- Type a Report Title.
- In the Chart Type list, select Asset Vulnerabilities and type a Chart Title.
- If a technical contact owner is responsible for more than
five assets and you want to email all asset information, increase
the value in the Limit Assets To Top list.
By using the Assets tab, you must ensure that the same technical contact owner is assigned to each asset that they are responsible for.
- In the Graph Type field, select AggregateTable.
If you select any value other than AggregateTable, the report does not generate a vulnerability sub-report.
- In the Graph Content pane, click Search to Use and select your saved technical contact vulnerability search then click Save Container Details.
- Click Next and select your report output type.
- In the report distribution section of the report wizard, click Multiple Reports.
- Click All Asset Owners.
- Click Load asset owners to display all list
of the technical users contact details.
You can remove any technical users that you do not want to email with a list of assigned vulnerabilities.
- On the Reports list, select the report that you created and on the toolbar, select Actions >Run Report.