Configure Syslog Events for Motorola Symbol AP
You can configure the device to forward syslog events to JSA.
- Log in to your Symbol AP device user interface.
- From the menu, select System Configuration > Logging
The Access Point window is displayed.
- Using the Logging Level list, select the desired
log level for tracking system events. The options are:
0 - Emergency
2 - Critical
3 - Errors
4 - Warning
5 - Notice
6 - Info. This is the default.
7 - Debug
- Select the Enable logging to an external syslog server check box.
- In the Syslog Server IP Address field, type
the IP address of an external syslog server, such as JSA.
This is required to route the syslog events to JSA.
- Click Apply.
- Click Logout.
A confirmation window is displayed.
- Click OK to exit the application.
The configuration is complete. Events forwarded to JSA are displayed on the Log Activity tab.