Extreme HiPath Wireless Controller
The Extreme HiPath Wireless Controller DSM for JSA records all relevant events by using syslog.
JSA supports the following Extreme HiPath Wireless Controller events:
Wireless access point events
Application log events
Service log events
Audit log events
Configuring Your HiPath Wireless Controller
To integrate your Extreme HiPath Wireless Controller events with JSA, you must configure your device to forward syslog events.
To forward syslog events to JSA:
- Log in to the HiPath Wireless Assistant.
- Click Wireless Controller Configuration.
The HiPath Wireless Controller Configuration window is displayed.
- From the menu, click System Maintenance.
- From the Syslog section, select the Syslog Server IP check box and type the IP address of the device that receives the syslog messages.
- Using the Wireless Controller Log Level list, select Information.
- Using the Wireless AP Log Level list, select Major.
- Using the Application Logs list, select local.0.
- Using the Service Logs list, select local.3.
- Using the Audit Logs list, select local.6.
- Click Apply.
You are now ready to configure the log source in JSA.
Syslog Log Source Parameters for Extreme HiPath
If JSA does not automatically detect the log source, add a Extreme HiPath log source on the JSA Console by using the syslog protocol.
When using the syslog protocol, there are specific parameters that you must use.
The following table describes the parameters that require specific values to collect syslog events from Extreme HiPath:
Table 1: Syslog Log Source Parameters for the Extreme HiPath DSM
Log Source type
Log Source Identifier
Type the IP address or host name for the log source as an identifier for events from your Extreme HiPath devices.