Installing JSA on a Virtual Machine
After you create your virtual machine, you must install the JSA software on the virtual machine.
Create a virtual machine. For more information, see Creating Your Virtual Machine.
Determine if you need to do an appliance installation or a software installation. For more information about appliance installations and software installations, see Virtual Appliance Installations for JSA and Log Manager .
For a software installation, you must install Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) before you install JSA. For more information about installing RHEL for JSA, see "Installing RHEL on Your System".
- Log in to the virtual machine by typing root for the user name.
The user name is case-sensitive.
- Accept the End User License Agreement.
- Select the appliance type:
Non-Software Appliance for an appliance installation.
Software Appliance for a software installation.
- Select the appliance assignment, and then select Next.
- If you selected an appliance for high-availability (HA), select whether the appliance is a console.
- For the type of setup, select Normal Setup (default) or HA Recovery Setup, and set up the time.
- If you selected HA Recovery Setup, enter the cluster virtual IP address.
- Select the Internet Protocol version:
Select ipv4 or ipv6.
- If you selected ipv6, select manual or auto for the Configuration type.
- Select the bonded interface setup, if required.
- Select the management interface.
- In the wizard, enter a fully qualified domain name in the Hostname field.
- In the IP address field, enter a static IP
address, or use the assigned IP address.
If you are configuring this host as a primary host for a high availability (HA) cluster, and you selected Yes for auto-configure, you must record the automatically-generated IP address. The generated IP address is entered during HA configuration.
For more information, see the Juniper Secure Analytics High Availability Guide.
- If you do not have an email server, enter localhost in the Email server name field.
- Enter root and admin passwords that meet the following criteria:
Contains at least 5 characters
Contains no spaces
Can include the following special characters: @, #, ^, and *.
- Click Finish.
- Follow the instructions in the installation wizard to
complete the installation.
The installation process might take several minutes. When the installation is complete, if you are installing a JSA Console, proceed to step 18. If you are installing a managed host, proceed to Adding Your Virtual Appliance to Your Deployment.
your license key.
Log in to JSA.
The default user name is admin. The password is the password of the admin user account.
Click Login To JSA.
Click the Admin tab.
In the navigation pane, click System Configuration.
Click the System and License Management icon.
From the Display list box, select Licenses, and upload your license key.
Select the unallocated license and click Allocate System to License.
From the list of systems, select a system, and click Allocate System to License.