After you tune your deployment, avoid receiving any additional false positive information by resetting SIM to remove all offense, and source and destination IP addresses from the database and the disk.
The SIM reset process can take several minutes, depending on the amount of data in your system. If you attempt to move to other areas of the JSA user interface during the SIM reset process, an error message is displayed.
- On the navigation menu (), click Admin.
- From the Advanced menu, select Clean SIM Model.
- Read the information on the Reset SIM Data Model window.
- Select one of the following options.
Closes all offenses in the database. If you select the Soft Clean option, you can also select the Deactivate all offenses check box.
Purges all current and historical SIM data, which includes offenses, source IP addresses, and destination IP addresses.
- If you want to continue, select the Are you sure you want to reset the data model? check box.
- Click Proceed.
- When the SIM reset process is complete, click Close.
- Refresh your web browser.