Configuring a Destination with TLS in the WinCollect Configuration Console
You can encrypt syslog traffic sent to a destination instance by configuring the destination with a Transport Layer Socket (TLS) or Secure Shell Layer (SSL) certificate.
- In the WinCollect Configuration Console, expand the Destinations parameter.
- Right-click the Syslog TCP, and click Add New Destination.
- In the New Destination Name field, add a name
for the destination, and click OK.
Use a destination name that includes the IP address, such as "<Managed_Host>_18.104.22.168". If you need to edit the log source and change a destination in the future, this helps you determine the IP address for the destination.
- Expand Syslog TCP, and select the destination that you added in step 3 to view the Properties window.
- Define the Name and Hostname.
- Change the Port to 6514, and set the Throttle rate.
- Copy and paste the TLS certificate for the new destination
in the Certificate field.
Make sure that you include the "-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----" and the "-----END CERTIFICATE-----" when you copy the TLS certificate.
- Click Deploy Changes under the Actions pane.