Adding a Destination to the WinCollect Configuration Console
Add an JSA instance as a destination for WinCollect data.
- In the WinCollect Configuration Console, expand the Destinations parameter.
- Right-click the Syslog TCP or Syslog UDP parameter, depending upon which destination type you want to add, and click Add New Destination.
- In the New Destination Name box, add a name
for the destination. Click OK.
It is helpful to provide a destination name that includes the IP address, such as "JSAEPI_198.x.x.x". If you have to edit the log source and change a destination in the future, you can determine the IP address for the destination.
- Expand Syslog TCP or Syslog UDP, and select the destination that you added to view the Properties window.
- Define the Name, Hostname, Port, and Throttle for the new destination.
- Click Deploy Changes under Actions.