In JSA Risk Manager, use the Device Discovery screen in the Configuration Monitor to add, edit, and run a defined discovery.
When you run a Discover with SNMP device discovery, any device that is not supported but responds to SNMP is added through the Generic SNMP adapter.
- Access the Device Discovery screen by using the following
Click the Risks tab.
Click Configuration Monitor > Device Discovery in the Risk Manager pane.
- Add a device to JSA Risk Manager by using the following
On the navigation pane, click Add.
Select a Discovery Type on the Discovery Profile Configuration screen. The following lists the methods that you can use to add a network device:
Discover with SNMP
Discover from Check Point OPSEC
Discover from Defense Center
Discover from NSM
Discover from SiteProtector
Discover from Check Point HTTPS
Enter the Device IP, Username, and Password for the device.
You can also search for devices in the network from the defined IP address with the Discover with SNMP option. Select the Crawl the network from the addresses defined above check box.
To run the discovery immediately, click Run Discovery Now. Alternatively, you can save the profile configuration and run the discovery another time.
- Edit a device that is listed in the Discovery list by
using the following steps:
Select a device on the Discovery list, and click Edit on the navigation pane.
Edit the discovery details, and select Run Discovery Now to run the discovery immediately. Alternatively, you can save the profile configuration and run the discovery another time.
- To search for a device, enter the IP address/name in the Device IP field and click the Search icon.
- You can delete a device discovery job, by selecting a device on the Discovery List and click Delete on the navigation pane.