Reducing the Number Of False Positive Vulnerabilities
In JSA Vulnerability Manager, you can automatically create exception rules for vulnerabilities that are associated with a specific type of server.
When you configure server types, JSA Vulnerability Manager creates exception rules and automatically reduces the vulnerabilities that are returned by searching your data.
- Click the Assets tab.
- In the navigation pane, select Server Discovery.
- To automatically create false positive exception rules
for vulnerabilities on specific server types, from the Server
Type list, select one of the following options:
It might take a few minutes for the Ports field to refresh.
- From the Network list, select the network for your servers.
- Click Discover Servers.
- In the Matching Servers pane, select the servers where the vulnerability exception rules are created.
- Click Approve Selected Servers.
Depending on your server type selection, the following vulnerabilities are automatically set as false positive exception rules:
Table 1: Server Type Vulnerabilities
FTP Server Present
DNS Server is Running
SMTP Server Detected
Web Service is Running