Adding a Nessus Completed Report Import with the JSON API
A scheduled results import retrieves completed Nessus scan reports from an external location by using the JSON API.
A completed scan report can be stored on a Nessus server or a file repository. JSA connects to the Nessus server or file repository by using the JSON API and then imports completed scan report files. The reports are filtered by a defined expression or maximum report age.
The Nessus JSON API is only available on Nessus servers and clients with software v6.0 and higher.
- Click the Admin tab.
- Click the VA Scanners icon.
- Click Add.
- In the Scanner Name field, type a name to identify your Nessus scanner.
- From the Managed Host list, select the managed host from your JSA deployment that manages the scanner import.
- From the Type list, select Nessus Scanner.
- From the Collection Type list, select Scheduled Completed Report Import - JSON API.
- Configure the following parameters:
The IP address or host name of the Nessus server.
The port number the Nessus server.
The user name that is required to access Nessus server
Your Nessus server password.
Report Name Filter
FIlters the list of files that are specified in the Remote Directory. All matching files are included in the processing. By default, the Report Name Pattern field contains .* as the filter.
Report Max Age (days)
The maximum file age for your scan results file. Files that are older than the specified days and time stamp on the report file are excluded when the schedule scan starts. The default value is 7 days.
- To configure a CIDR range for your scanner:
In the text field, type the CIDR range that you want this scanner to consider or click Browse to select a CIDR range from the network list.
- Click Save.