Applying and Allocating a JSA License Key
Obtain and apply an JSA license key to migrate your Log Manager software to JSA.
If your JSA Log Manager is in a High-Availability pair, you must break the pair before you apply the JSA license key.
All rule changes including custom rules, saved searches, and reports are reset to the defaults that are in JSA. Your changes to rules, saved searches, and reports are lost. Because versions change between the two products, a backup and restore does not preserve your configured rules.
Follow these guidelines to maintain your configurations:
Note any rules, searches, and reports that you want to keep, and then re-create them after the migration
Export rules, searches, and reports that you want to maintain by using the content management tool
The content management tool restores settings between deployments.
- Download the JSA license key to your desktop system.
- Log in to Log Manager.
- Click the Admin tab.
- Under System Configuration, click System and License Management.
- In the System and License Management window, select the JSA console that has the Log Manager license key.
- Click Upload License.
- Click Select File to locate and select the JSA license key.
- Click Open.
- Click Upload.
- Return to the System and License Management window to allocate your JSA license key.
From the Display list, select Systems.
Right-click your Log Manager system.
Select Allocate License to System.
After you migrate, the following settings are maintained:
Log sources and log source extensions
Retention settings and forwarding rules
User configuration, but limited settings for a user in JSA Log Manager can require updated user settings in JSA
Network hierarchy and log source groups