Configuring a Venusense Log Source
To integrate Venusense syslog events, you must manually create a log source in JSA as Venusense events to not automatically discover.
- Log in to JSA.
- Click the Admin tab.
- On the navigation menu, click Data Sources.
- Click the Log Sources icon.
- Click Add.
- In the Log Source Name field, type a name for your log source.
- In the Log Source Description field, type a description for the log source.
- From the Log Source Type list, select your
Venustech Venusense appliance.
The type of log source that you select is determined by the event filter that is configured on your Venusense appliance. The options include the following types:
Venustech Venusense Security Platform— Select this option if you enabled all event filter options.
Venustech Venusense UTM— Select this option if you enabled unified filtering events.
Venustech Venusense Firewall— Select this option if you enabled filtering for firewall events.
Venustech Venusense NIPS— Select this option if you enabled filtering for firewall events.
- From the Protocol Configuration list, select Syslog.
- In the Log Source Identifier field, type the IP address or host name for the log source as an identifier for your Venusense appliance.
- Click Save.
- On the Admin tab, click Deploy Changes.
The configuration is complete. Events that are forwarded to JSA by your Venusense appliance are displayed on the Log Activity tab.