Huawei AR Series Router
The Huawei AR Series Router DSM for JSA can accept events from Huawei AR Series Routers by using syslog.
JSA records all relevant IPv4 events that are forwarded from Huawei AR Series Router. To integrate your device with JSA, you must create a log source, then configure your AR Series Router to forward syslog events.
The DSM supports events from the following Huawei AR Series Routers:
Configuring a Log Source
JSA does not automatically discover incoming syslog events from Huawei AR Series Routers.
If your events are not automatically discovered, you must manually create a log source from the Admin tab in JSA.
- Log in to JSA.
- Click the Admin tab.
- On the navigation menu, click Data Sources.
- Click the Log Sources icon.
- Click Add.
- In the Log Source Name field, type a name for your log source.
- In the Log Source Description field, type a description for the log source.
- From the Log Source Type list, select Huawei AR Series Router.
- From the Protocol Configuration list, select Syslog.
- Configure the following values:
Log Source Identifier
Type the IP address, host name, or name for the log source as an identifier for your Huawei AR Series Router.
Each log source that you create for your Huawei AR Series Router must include a unique identifier, such as an IP address or host name.
- Click Save.
- On the Admin tab, click Deploy Changes.
The log source is added to JSA. You are now ready to configure your Huawei AR Series Router to forward events to JSA.
Configuring Your Huawei AR Series Router
To forward syslog events to JSA, you must configure your Huawei AR Series Router as an information center, then configure a log host.
The log host that you create for your Huawei AR Series Router can forward events to your JSA console or an Event Collector.
- Log in to your Huawei AR Series Router command-line Interface (CLI).
- Type the following command to access the system view:
- Type the following command to enable the information center:
- Type the following command to send informational level
log messages to the default channel:
info-center source default channel loghost log level informational debug state off trap state off
- To verify your Huawei AR Series Router source configuration,
type the command:
display channel loghost
- Type the following command to configure the IP address
for JSA as the log host for your switch:
info-center loghost <IP address> facility <local>
<IP address> is the IP address of the JSA console or Event Collector.
<local> is the syslog facility, for example, local0.
info-center loghost 10.10.10.1 facility local0
- Type the following command to exit the configuration:
The configuration is complete. You can verify events that are forwarded to JSA by viewing events on the Log Activity tab.