ON THIS PAGE
Cisco VPN 3000 Concentrator
The Cisco VPN 3000 Concentrator DSM for JSA accepts Cisco VPN Concentrator events by using syslog.
JSA records all relevant events. Before you can integrate with a Cisco VPN concentrator, you must configure your device to forward syslog events to JSA.
To configure your Cisco VPN 3000 Concentrator:
- Log in to the Cisco VPN 3000 Concentrator command-line interface (CLI).
- Type the following command to add a syslog server to your
set logging server <IP address>
Where <IP address> is the IP address of JSA or your Event Collector.
- Type the following command to enable system messages to
be logged to the configured syslog servers:
set logging server enable
- Set the facility and severity level for syslog server
set logging server facility <server_facility_parameter>
set logging server severity <server_severity_level>
The configuration is complete. The log source is added to JSA as Cisco VPN Concentrator events are automatically discovered. Events that are forwarded to JSA are displayed on the Log Activity tab of JSA.
Configuring a Log Source
JSA automatically discovers and creates a log source for syslog events from Cisco VPN 3000 Series Concentrators.
These configuration steps are optional.
To manually configure a log source, take the following steps:
- Log in to JSA.
- Click the Admin tab.
- On the navigation menu, click Data Sources.
The Data Sources pane is displayed.
- Click the Log Sources icon.
The Log Sources window is displayed.
- Click Add.
The Add a log source window is displayed.
- In the Log Source Name field, type a name for your log source.
- In the Log Source Description field, type a description for the log source.
- From the Log Source Type list, select Cisco VPN 3000 Series Concentrator.
- Using the Protocol Configuration list, select Syslog.
The syslog protocol configuration is displayed.
- Configure the following values:
Table 1: Syslog Parameters
Log Source Identifier
Type the IP address or host name for the log source as an identifier for events from your Cisco VPN 3000 Series Concentrators.
- Click Save.
- On the Admin tab, click Deploy Changes.
The configuration is complete.