The Cisco Nexus DSM for JSA supports alerts from Cisco NX-OS devices.
Syslog is used to forward events from Cisco Nexus to JSA. Before you can integrate events with JSA, you must configure your Cisco Nexus device to forward syslog events.
Configuring Cisco Nexus to Forward Events
You can configure syslog on your Cisco Nexus server to forward events:
- Type the following command to switch to configuration
- Type the following commands:
logging server <IP address> <severity>
<IP address> is the IP address of your JSA console.
<severity> is the severity level of the event messages, that range 0 - 7 in value.
logging server 192.0.2.1forwards information level (6) syslog messages to 192.0.2.1.
- Type the following command to configure the interface
for sending syslog events:
logging source-interface loopback
- Type the following command to save your current configuration
as the startup configuration:
copy running-config startup-config
The configuration is complete. The log source is added to JSA as Cisco Nexus events are automatically discovered. Events that are forwarded to JSA by Cisco Nexus are displayed on the Log Activity tab of JSA.
Configuring a Log Source
JSA automatically discovers and creates a log source for syslog events from Cisco Nexus.
The following configuration steps are optional. To manually configure a log source for Cisco Nexus, take the following steps:
- Log in to JSA.
- Click the Admin tab.
- On the navigation menu, click Data Sources.
The Data Sources pane is displayed.
- Click the Log Sources icon.
The Log Sources window is displayed.
- Click Add.
The Add a log source window is displayed.
- In the Log Source Name field, type a name for your log source.
- In the Log Source Description field, type a description for the log source.
- From the Log Source Type list, select Cisco Nexus.
- Using the Protocol Configuration list, select Syslog.
The syslog protocol configuration is displayed.
- Configure the following values:
Table 1: Syslog Parameters
Log Source Identifier
Type the IP address or host name for the log source as an identifier for events from your Cisco Nexus appliances.
- Click Save.
- On the Admin tab, click Deploy Changes.
The configuration is complete. For more information on configuring a Virtual Device Context (VDC) on your Cisco Nexus device, see your vendor documentation.