Setting Minimum DCOM Permissions
To connect to a remote computer by using WMI, you must ensure that the correct DCOM settings and WMI namespace security settings are enabled for the connection.
To grant DCOM remote launch and activation permissions for a user or group, do these steps.
- Click Start >Run, type DCOMCNFG, and then click OK.
- In the Component Services dialog box, expand Component Services, expand Computers, and then right-click My Computer and click Properties.
- In the My Computer Properties dialog box, click the COM Security tab.
- Under Launch and Activation Permissions, click Edit Limits.
- In the Launch Permission dialog box, if your
name or your group does not appear in the Groups or user names list, follow these steps:
In the Launch Permission dialog box, click Add.
In the Select Users, Computers, or Groups dialog box, add your name and the group in the Enter the object names to select box, and then click OK.
- In the Launch Permission dialog box, select your user and group in the Group or user names box.
- In the Allow column under Permissions for User, select Remote Launch and select Remote Activation, and then click OK.