Installing a JSA Appliance
Install a JSA Console or a managed host on a JSA appliance or on your own appliance.
Software versions for all JSA appliances in a deployment must be same version and fix level. Deployments that use different versions of software is not supported.
Ensure that the following requirements are met:
The required hardware is installed.
You have the required license key for your appliance.
A keyboard and monitor are connected by using the VGA connection.
If you want to configure bonded network interfaces, Configuring Bonded Management Interfaces.
- Type root at the login prompt to launch the installation wizard. Type password if you are prompted for a password.
- Accept the End User License Agreement.
- Select the appliance type:
High Availability Appliance
- Select the appliance assignment, and then select Next.
- If you selected an appliance for high-availability (HA), select whether the appliance is a console.
- For the type of setup, select Normal Setup (default) or HA Recovery Setup, and set up the time.
- If you selected HA Recovery Setup, enter the cluster virtual IP address.
- Select the Internet Protocol version:
Select ipv4 or ipv6.
If you selected ipv6, select manual or auto for the Configuration type.
You must use a static IP address with a CIDR range.
A static IP address with a CIDR range is generated with the Neighbor Discovery Protocol.
- Select the bonded interface setup, if required.
- Select the management interface.
- In the wizard, enter a fully qualified domain name in the Hostname field.
- In the IP address field, enter a static IP address, or use the assigned IP address.
- If you do not have an email server, enter localhost in the Email server name field.
- Enter a root password that
meets the following criteria:
Contains at least 5 characters
Contains no spaces
Can include the following special characters: @, #, ^, and *.
- If you are installing a Console, enter an admin password that meets the same criteria as the root password.
- Click Finish.
- Follow the instructions in the installation wizard to
complete the installation.
The installation process might take several minutes.
- If you are installing a Console, apply your license key.
Log in to JSA as the admin user:
On the navigation menu, click Admin.
In the navigation pane, click System Configuration.
Click the System and License Management icon.
From the Display list box, select Licenses, and upload your license key.
Select the unallocated license and click Allocate System to License.
From the list of systems, select a system, and click Allocate System to License.
- If you want to add managed hosts, see the Juniper Secure Analytics Administration Guide.