Installing the DbProtect LEEF Relay Module
To enable DbProtect to communicate with JSA, install the DbProtect LEEF Relay module on the same server as the DbProtect console.
Before you install the DbProtect LEEF Relay
module on a Windows 2003 host, you must install Windows Imaging Components.
wic_x86.exe file contains the
Windows Imaging Components and is on the Windows Server Installation
CD. For more information, see your Windows 2003 Operating System documentation.
The LEEF Relay module for DbProtect translates the default events messages to Log Enhanced Event Format (LEEF) messages for JSA. Before you can receive events in JSA, you must install and configure the LEEF Service for your DbProtect device to forward syslog events. The DbProtect LEEF Relay requires that you install the .NET 4.0 Framework, which is bundled with the LEEF Relay installation.
- Download the DbProtect LEEF Relay module for DbProtect from the Application Security, Inc. customer portal (http://www.appsecinc.com).
- Save the setup file to the same host as your DbProtect console.
- Click Accept to agree with the Microsoft .NET Framework 4 End-User License Agreement.
- In the DbProtect LEEF Relay module installation Wizard, click Next.
- To select the default installation path, click Next.
If you change the default installation directory, make note of the file location.
- On the Confirm Installation window, click Next.
- Click Close.