Configuring a Log Source
JSA automatically discovers and creates a log source for syslog events from SonicWALL appliances. The following configuration steps are optional.
To manually configure a log source for SonicWALL syslog events:
- Log in to JSA.
- Click the Admin tab.
- Click the Log Sources icon.
- Click Add.
- In the Log Source Name field, type a name for your log source.
- In the Log Source Description field, type a description for the log source.
- From the Log Source Type list, select SonicWALL SonicOS.
- From the Protocol Configuration list, select Syslog.
- Configure the following values:
Table 1: Syslog Parameters
Log Source Identifier
Type the IP address or host name for the log source as an identifier for events from SonicWALL appliances.
Each log source that you create for your SonicWALL SonicOS appliance ideally includes a unique identifier, such as an IP address or host name.
- Click Save.
- On the Admin tab, click Deploy Changes.
The log source is added to JSA. Events that are forwarded to JSA by SonicWALL SonicOS appliances are displayed on the Log Activity tab. For more information, see the Juniper Secure Analytics Users Guide.