Configuring a Log Source
JSA does not automatically discover incoming syslog events from DCN DCS/DCRS Series switches.
- Log in to JSA.
- Click the Admin tab.
- On the navigation menu, click Data Sources.
- Click the Log Sources icon.
- Click Add.
- In the Log Source Name field, type a name for your log source.
- In the Log Source Description field, type a description for the log source.
- From the Log Source Type list, select DCN DCS/DCRS Series.
- Using the Protocol Configuration list, select Syslog.
- Configure the following value:
Table 1: Syslog Parameters
Log Source Identifier
Type the IP address, host name, or name for the log source for use as an identifier of your DCN DCS/DCRS Series switch.
Each log source that you create for your DCN DCS/DCRS Series switch includes a unique identifier, such as an IP address or host name.
- Click Save.
- On the Admin tab, click Deploy Changes.
The log source is added to JSA. You are now ready to configure your Digital China Networks DCS or DCRS Series switch to forward events to JSA.