ON THIS PAGE
The Extreme NAC DSM for JSA accepts events by using syslog. JSA records all relevant events.
For details on configuring your Extreme NAC appliances for syslog, consult your vendor documentation. After the Extreme NAC appliance is forwarding syslog events to JSA, the configuration is complete. The log source is added to JSA as Extreme NAC events are automatically discovered. Events that are forwarded by Extreme NAC appliances are displayed on the Log Activity tab of JSA.
Configuring a Log Source
JSA automatically discovers and creates a log source for syslog events from Extreme NAC.
The following configuration steps are optional. To manually configure a log source for Extreme NAC:
- Log in to JSA.
- Click the Admin tab.
- On the navigation menu, click Data Sources.
- Click the Log Sources icon.
- Click Add.
- In the Log Source Name field, type a name for your log source.
- In the Log Source Description field, type a description for the log source.
- From the Log Source Type list, select Extreme NAC.
- Using the Protocol Configuration list, select Syslog.
- Configure the following values:
Table 1: Syslog Parameters
Log Source Identifier
Type the IP address or host name for the log source as an identifier for events from your Extreme NAC appliances.
- Click Save.
- On the Admin tab, click Deploy Changes.
The configuration is complete.