ON THIS PAGE
You can integrate Cisco Aironet devices with JSA.
A Cisco Aironet DSM accepts Cisco Emblem Format events by using syslog. Before you configure JSA to integrate with a Cisco Aironet device, you must configure your Cisco Aironet appliance to forward syslog events.
To configure Cisco Aironet to forward events:
- Establish a connection to the Cisco Aironet device by
using one of the following methods:
Telnet to the wireless access point
Access the console
- Type the following command to access privileged EXEC mode:
- Type the following command to access global configuration
- Type the following command to enable message logging:
- Configure the syslog facility. The default is local7.
where <facility> is, for example, local7.
- Type the following command to log messages to your JSA:
logging <IP address>
where <IP address> is IP address of your JSA.
- Enable timestamp on log messages:
service timestamp log datatime
- Return to privileged EXEC mode:
- View your entries:
- Save your entries in the configuration file:
copy running-config startup-config
The configuration is complete. The log source is added to JSA as Cisco Aironet events are automatically discovered. Events that are forwarded to JSA by Cisco Aironet appliances are displayed on the Log Activity tab of JSA.
Configuring a Log Source
JSA automatically discovers and creates a log source for syslog events from Cisco Aironet.
The following configuration steps are optional. To manually configure a log source for Cisco Aironet:
- Log in to JSA.
- Click the Admin tab.
- On the navigation menu, click Data Sources.
The Data Sources pane is displayed.
- Click the Log Sources icon.
The Log Sources window is displayed.
- Click Add.
The Add a log source window is displayed.
- In the Log Source Name field, type a name for your log source.
- In the Log Source Description field, type a description for the log source.
- From the Log Source Type list, select Cisco Aironet.
- From the Protocol Configuration list, select Syslog.
The syslog protocol configuration is displayed.
- Configure the following values:
Table 1: Syslog Parameters
Log Source Identifier
Type the IP address or host name for the log source as an identifier for events from your Cisco Aironet appliance.
- Click Save.
- On the Admin tab, click Deploy Changes.
The configuration is complete.