Copying the Required Files
Copy the files to the host where you want to upgrade JSA, and begin the setup process.
Obtain the Red Hat Enterprise Linux V7.3 ISO.
Confirm that your appliance meets the minimum requirements for JSA. For more information about system requirements, see Memory and Disk Space Requirements.
Upgrade all managed hosts before you deploy changes.
Disconnect high-availablity (HA) hosts before the upgrade if the entire
/storedirectory is mounted on offboard storage. For more information about disconnecting an HA cluster, see the Juniper Secure Analytics High Availability Guide.
Ensure that the order of mount points in the
/etc/fstabfile matches on both the primary and secondary HA host:
Any subdirectory of
/storeif the partition is mounted on offboard storage
Restart the system after any updates to the
If the entire
/storedirectory is mounted on offboard storage, run the following command to prepare the system for the upgrade:
If you are not prompted to remount your offboard storage solution during the upgrade, remount the storage when the upgrade finishes.
For additional upgrade steps for iSCSI offboard storage solutions, and for information about remounting offboard storage, see the Juniper Secure Analytics Configuring Offboard Storage Guide.
- Copy the Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating system DVD
ISO to one of the following portable storage devices:
Digital Versatile Disk (DVD)
Bootable USB flash drive
- Using a Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) program, such as WinSCP, copy the JSA ISO to the host where you want to install JSA.
- Use SSH to log in to the system as the root user.
- Create the installation directory by typing the following
mkdir -p /media/cdrom
- Mount the JSA ISO by typing the following
mount -o loop <JSA_ISO> /media/cdrom
- Start the JSA setup by typing the following