Adding a Tenable SecurityCenter Scan
You can add a Tenable SecurityCenter scanner to enable JSA to collect host and vulnerability information through the Tenable API.
Verify the location of the API on your Tenable SecurityCenter.
A server certificate is required to support HTTPS connections. JSA supports certificates with the following file extensions:
.crt, .cert, or .der. To copy a certificate to the
choose one of the following options:
Manually copy the certificate to the
/opt/qradar/conf/trusted_certificatesdirectory by using SCP or SFTP.
SSH into the Console or managed host and retrieve the certificate by using the following command: /opt/qradar/bin/getcert.sh <IP or Hostname> <optional port - 443 default>. A certificate is then downloaded from the specified host name or IP and placed into
/opt/qradar/conf/trusted_certificatesdirectory in the appropriate format.
- Click the Admin tab.
- Click the VA Scanners icon.
- Click Add.
- In the Scanner Name field, type a name to identify the scanner.
- From the Managed Host list, select the managed host from your JSA deployment that manages the scanner import.
- From the Type list, select Tenable SecurityCenter.
- In the Server Address field, type the IP address of the Tenable SecurityCenter.
- In the API Location field, type the path to
the API on the Tenable SecurityCenter.
The default path to the API file for SecurityCenter Version 4 is
The default path to the API file for SecurityCenter Version 5 is
- From the API Version list, select the version for your SecurityCenter. For example, Version 4 or Version 5.
- In the User Name field, type the user name to access the Tenable SecurityCenter API.
- In the Password field, type the password to access the Tenable SecurityCenter API.
- Configure a CIDR range for the scanner.
In the CIDR ranges field, type the CIDR range for the scan or click Browse to select a CIDR range from the network list.
- Click Save.
- On the Admin tab, click Deploy Changes.
You are now ready to create a scan schedule. See Scheduling a Vulnerability Scan.