Installing the JSA Software on a Virtual Machine
After you create your virtual machine, you must install the JSA software on the virtual machine.
- In the left navigation pane of your VMware vSphere Client, select your virtual machine.
- In the right pane, click the Summary tab.
- In the Commands pane, click Edit Settings.
- In the left pane of the Virtual Machine Properties window, click CD/DVD Drive 1.
- In the Device Type pane, select DataStore ISO File.
- In the Device Status pane, select the Connect at power on check box.
- In the Device Type pane, click Browse.
- In the Browse Datastores window, locate and select the JSA product ISO file, click Open and then click OK.
- After the JSA product ISO image is installed, right-click your virtual machine and click Power >Power On.
- Log in to the virtual machine by typing root for the user name.
The user name is case-sensitive.
- Accept the End User License Agreement.
- Select the appliance assignment, and then select Next.
- If you selected an appliance for high-availability (HA), select whether the appliance is a console.
- For the type of setup, select Normal Setup (default) or HA Recovery Setup, and set up the time.
- If you selected HA Recovery Setup, enter the cluster virtual IP address.
- Select the Internet Protocol version:
Select ipv4 or ipv6.
- If you selected ipv6, select manual or auto for the Configuration type.
- Select the bonded interface setup, if required.
- Select the management interface.
- In the wizard, enter a fully qualified domain name in the Hostname field.
- In the IP address field, enter a static IP
address, or use the assigned IP address.
If you are configuring this host as a primary host for a high availability (HA) cluster, and you selected Yes for auto-configure, you must record the automatically-generated IP address. The generated IP address is entered during HA configuration.
For more information, see the Juniper Secure Analytics High Availability Guide.
- If you do not have an email server, enter localhost in the Email server name field.
- Enter root and admin passwords that meet the following criteria:
Contains at least 5 characters
Contains no spaces
Can include the following special characters: @, #, ^, and *.
- Click Finish.
- Follow the instructions in the installation wizard to
complete the installation.
A series of messages appears as JSA continues with the installation. Based on the appliance ID selected, the installation process may take from several minutes to few hours to complete. TA All-In-One or Console installation may take up to 2.5 hours. When the JSA installation process is complete, the message window appears.
- Apply your license key.
Log in to JSA.
The default user name is admin. The password is the password of the admin user account.
Click Login To JSA.
Click the Admin tab.
In the navigation pane, click System Configuration.
Click the System and License Management icon.
From the Display list box, select Licenses, and upload your license key.
Select the unallocated license and click Allocate System to License.
From the list of systems, select a system, and click Allocate System to License.