Nortel Application Switch
Nortel Application Switches integrate routing and switching by forwarding traffic at layer 2 speed by using layer 4-7 information.
The Nortel Application Switch DSM for JSA accepts events by using syslog. JSA records all relevant status and network condition events. Before you configure a Nortel Application Switch device in JSA, you must configure your device to send syslog events to JSA.
To configure the device to send syslog events to JSA:
- Log in to the Nortel Application Switch command-line interface (CLI).
- Type the following command:
- At the prompt, type the IP address of your JSA:
Enter new syslog host: <IP address>
Where <IP address> is the IP address of your JSA.
- Apply the configuration:
- After the new configuration is applied, save your configuration:
- Type y at the prompt to confirm
that you want to save the configuration to flash.
See the following example:
Confirm saving to FLASH [y/n]: y
New config successfully saved to FLASH
Next you will need to configure JSA to receive events from a Nortel Application Switch:
- Configure the log source in JSA. From the Log Source Type list, select the Nortel Application Switch option.
For more information about the Nortel Application Switch, see your vendor documentation.