Configuring Redback ASE
You can configure the device to send syslog events to JSA.
- Log in to your Redback ASE device user interface.
- Start the CLI configuration mode.
- In global configuration mode, configure the default settings
for the security service:
asp security default
- In ASP security default configuration mode, configure
the IP address of the log server and the optional transport protocol:
log server <IP address> transport udp port 9345
Where <IP address> is the IP address of the JSA.
- Configure the IP address that you want to use as the source
IP address in the log messages:
log source <source IP address>
Where <source IP address> is the IP address of the loopback interface in context local.
- Commit the transaction.
For more information about Redback ASE device configuration, see your vendor documentation.
For example, if you want to configure:
Log source server IP address 10.172.55.55
Default transport protocol: UDP
Default server port: 514
The source IP address that is used for log messages is 10.192.22.24. This address must be an IP address of a loopback interface in context local.
asp security default log server 10.172.55.55 log source 10.192.22.24
You can now configure the log sources in JSA.