Configuring a Log Source
To integrate Niksun with JSA, you must manually create a log source to receive events.
JSA does not automatically discover or create log sources for syslog events from Niksun appliances. In cases where the log source is not automatically discovered, it is suggested that you create a log source before you forward events to JSA.
To configure a log source:
- Log in to JSA.
- Click the Admin tab.
- On the navigation menu, click Data Sources.
The Data Sources pane is displayed.
- Click the Log Sources icon.
The Log Sources window is displayed.
- Click Add.
The Add a log source window is displayed.
- In the Log Source Name field, type a name for your log source.
- In the Log Source Description field, type a description for the log source.
- From the Log Source Type list, select Niksun 2005 v3.5.
- Using the Protocol Configuration list, select Syslog.
The syslog protocol configuration is displayed.
- Configure the following values:
Table 1: Syslog Parameters
Log Source Identifier
Type the IP address or host name for the log source as an identifier for events from your Niksun appliance.
- Click Save.
- On the Admin tab, click Deploy Changes.
The log source is added to JSA.