The JSA DSM for Microsoft Hyper-V can collect event logs from your Microsoft Hyper-V servers.
The following table describes the specifications for the Microsoft Hyper-V Server DSM:
Table 1: Microsoft Hyper-V DSM Specifications
RPM file name
v2008 and v2012
JSA recorded events
All relevant events
Microsoft Hyper-V DSM Integration Process
You can integrate Microsoft Hyper-V DSM with JSA.
Use the following procedures:
Download and install the most recent WinCollect RPM on your JSA console.
Install a WinCollect agent on the Hyper-V system or on another system that has a route to the Hyper-V system. You can also use an existing WinCollect agent. For more information, see the JSA WinCollect User Guide.
If automatic updates are not enabled, download and install the DSM RPM for Microsoft Hyper-V on your JSA console. RPMs need to be installed only one time.
For each Microsoft Hyper-V server that you want to integrate, create a log source on the JSA console.
Configuring a Microsoft Hyper-V Log Source in JSA
To collect Microsoft Hyper-V events, configure a log source in JSA.
Ensure that you have the current credentials for the Microsoft Hyper-V server and the WinCollect agent can access it.
- Log in to JSA.
- Click the Admin tab.
- In the navigation menu, click Data Sources.
- Click the Log Sources icon.
- Click Add.
- From the Log Source Type list, select Microsoft Hyper-V.
- From the Protocol Configuration list, select WinCollect.
- From the Application or Service Log Type list, select Microsoft Hyper-V.
- From the WinCollect Agent list, select the WinCollect agent that accesses the Microsoft Hyper-V server.
- Configure the remaining parameters.
- Click Save.
- On the Admin tab, click Deploy Changes.