Extreme 800-Series Switch
The Extreme 800-Series Switch DSM for JSA accepts events by using syslog.
JSA records all relevant audit, authentication, system, and switch events. Before you configure your Extreme 800-Series Switch in JSA, you must configure your switch to forward syslog events.
Configuring Your Extreme 800-Series Switch
Configuring the Extreme 800-Series Switch to forward syslog events.
To manually configure the Extreme 800-Series Switch:
- Log in to your Extreme 800-Series Switch command-line
You must be a system administrator or operator-level user to complete these configuration steps.
- Type the following command to enable syslog:
- Type the following command to create a syslog address
for forwarding events to JSA:
create syslog host 1 <IP address> severity informational facility local7 udp_port 514 state enable
Where: <IP address> is the IP address of your JSA Console or Event Collector.
- Type the following command to forward syslog events by
using an IP interface address:
create syslog source_ipif <name> <IP address>
<name> is the name of your IP interface.
<IP address> is the IP address of your JSA console or Event Collector.
The configuration is complete. The log source is added to JSA as Extreme 800-Series Switch events are automatically discovered. Events that are forwarded to JSA by Extreme 800-Series Switches are displayed on the Log Activity tab of JSA.
Configuring a Log Source
JSA automatically discovers and creates a log source for syslog events from Extreme 800-Series Switches.
The following configuration steps are optional. To manually configure a log source:
- Log in to JSA.
- Click the Admin tab.
- On the navigation menu, click Data Sources.
- Click the Log Sources icon.
- Click Add.
- In the Log Source Name field, type a name for your log source.
- In the Log Source Description field, type a description for the log source.
- From the Log Source Type list, select Extreme 800-Series Switch.
- Using the Protocol Configuration list, select Syslog.
- Configure the following values:
Table 1: Syslog Parameters
Log Source Identifier
Type the IP address or host name for the log source as an identifier for events from your Extreme 800-Series Switch.
- Click Save.
- On the Admin tab, click Deploy Changes.
The configuration is complete.