Configuring Forwarding Profiles
If you want to specify which properties to forward to the forwarding destination, configure a forwarding profile.
You must re-create JSON forwarding profiles that you created in JSA 2014.3 or earlier.
You can use forwarding profiles only when the event data is sent in JSON format.
You can select specific event or flow properties, including custom properties, to forward to an external destination. You can enhance the readability of the event data by specifying an alias name and default value for the attribute. Alias names and default values are specific to the profile they are defined in. If the attributes are used in other profiles, the alias names and default values must be redefined.
You can use a single profile that has multiple forwarding destinations. When you edit a profile, ensure that the changes are appropriate for all forwarding destinations that the profile is associated with.
When you delete a profile, all forwarding destinations that used the profile automatically revert to using the default profile.
- On the navigation menu (), click Admin to open the admin tab.
- In the System Configuration section, click Forwarding Destinations.
- On the toolbar, click Profile Manager.
- To create a new profile, click New.
- Type a name for the profile and select the check box beside the attributes that you want to include in the event data set.
- To change an existing profile, select the profile and click Edit or Delete.
- Click Save.