Configuring the High-Speed CTP Bundle for TDM/TDC Operation (CTPView)
Configure the high-speed bundle on an even-numbered port.
Before you begin:
Log in to the CTPView software at least at the Net_Admin level.
Connect the CTPView server to the CTP device for which you want to configure bundles.
To configure a high-speed CTP bundle for TDM/TDC operation using CTPView:
- In the side pane, select Bundle > Configuration.
- Run your mouse over the Display and Select an Existing Bundle bar.
- In the table of bundles, select the bundle that you want to modify. You must configure the bundle on an even-numbered port.
- Under Port Options, configure the parameters as described in Table 1 and click Click to Submit Bundle AND Port Changes.
- Configure the rest of the bundle as you normally would.
Table 1: High-Speed CTP Bundle Parameters for TDM/TDC Operation in CTPView
Specifies the serial encoding method used on this bundle.
Specify TDM as the encoding method.
Specifies the TDM function. Currently, only one TDM function is supported.
This option is available only on even-numbered ports on a CTP2000 serial module, and when the serial encoding parameter is set to TDM.
Select the following:
TDC Clk/Data on port N+1—Oversamples the incoming clock (TT) and data (SD) from the adjacent port above this one (N+1) at this port’s clock rate, and embeds it in its data. At the remote end of the network, the embedded circuit data is recovered and exits the node on port N+1 as RT and RD outputs.
Because of the direct interleaving of two ports’ data, TDC is maintained between these two ports with an accuracy of one bit time at this port’s data rate.
Specifies the number of bits out of 32 that are used for the TDM function (and not for local serial port data).
Keep in mind the following when you configure the TDM rate: