Configuring the Missing Packet Fill Pattern for SAToP Bundles (CTPView)
This topic describes how to specify the fill pattern that the CPT device inserts when IP packets are dropped.
Before you begin:
Log in to the CTPView software at least at the Net_Admin level.
Connect the CTPView server to the CTP device for which you want to configure bundles.
To configure the missing packet fill pattern for SAToP bundles using CTPView:
- In the side pane, select Bundle > Configuration.
- Run your mouse over the Display and Select an Existing Bundle bar.
- In the table of bundles, select the bundle that you want to modify.
- Under Bundle Options, place a check mark in the Advanced Options show check box to display advanced parameters, and configure the parameters described in Table 10.
- Click Click to Submit Bundle AND Port Changes.
Table 10: SAToP Bundle Missing Packet Fill Pattern Parameter Setting in CTPView
Missing Packet Fill Pattern
Specifies the data that the CTP device inserts into the circuit bit stream when an IP packet is dropped. The number of bits inserted is equal to the number of bits in the missed packet.
This data insertion method prevents a loss of bit count integrity to attached circuit devices and encryptors.
Enter two hexadecimal digits. You must enter a value other than ff. This field does not require the 0x characters.