Day One: NorthStar Controller Up and Running is intended for all networking professionals working on WAN and LAN environments that make use of IP/MPLS services. It should also be of interest to high-level technical professionals looking to understand the fundamentals of Juniper’s approach to Software Defined Networks (SDN) in MPLS transport networks.
* If you have an existing Juniper user account, you can use it to login to J-Net
About the Author(s)
Author Q & A
What got you started on this book?
Who is this book for?
After reading this book, what’s the take away?
What are you hoping that people will learn from this book?
- The Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP)
- The use of BGP-LS to convey traffic engineering information
- How IGP protocols can be used to discover topology and traffic engineering information
- Network topology discovery
- LSP discovery and visualization
- Provisioning of LSPs through the controller
- Optimization of LSPs
What do you recommend as the next item to read after this book?
- RFC5440, the PCEP protocol specification
- RFC4655, a Path Computation Element (PCE) -Based Architecture
- Day One: Understanding OpenContrail Architecture - this Day One Book will be interesting for readers that want to understand how SDN is implemented in datacenter environments, and the use-cases it addresses