The networking industry has been looking for the best way to offer Multicast VPN services while leveraging the strength and scalability of the existing BGP/MPLS VPN technology. The result of several years of effort is Multiprotocol BGP Multicast VPN, often referred to as BGP MVPN. This next generation technology has received a warm welcome in the market and is already deployed in many production networks, from Tier-1 service providers to financial and trading companies.
Learn something new about Junos this week:
- Build a BGP Multicast VPN working solution from scratch.
- Configure and operate dynamic Point-to-Multipoint MPLS Label Switched Paths, with and without Traffic Engineering features.
- Describe the integration of Customer PIM instances with VPNs, both in Any-Source Multicast (ASM) and Source-Specific Multicast (SSM) scenarios.
- Design an optimal distribution of Inclusive and Selective tunnels. Find the right balance between control and forwarding plane efficiency.
- Use Route Target policies to achieve partial mesh topologies of MVPN sites.
* If you have an existing Juniper user account, you can use it to login to J-Net