Intelligent Open Networking Can Drive Business Transformation, EMEA IT Leaders Believe
Despite Security and Skills Concerns, CIOs Should Champion Openness as Way Forward
- 82 percent of respondents clearly identify with the situation where business needs are placing evolving demands on its network and creating new challenges for the IT function.
- 93 percent declared their organisation to be reliant on flexible, innovative IT network infrastructure to drive business performance in today’s competitive environment.
- 66 percent stated that their network is now measured on its effectiveness and ability to respond to a range of business needs, rather than merely its capacity and performance.
- 50 percent believe that the CIO is ideally positioned to champion open networking to the business, while 29 percent believe that this can be achieved by cross-function strategy teams.
- There is a resounding enthusiasm for open networking, with 83 percent of respondents expressing support for such initiatives. Even among those not currently supportive, 68 percent stated their organisations are likely to become positive towards open networking in the next 36 months. 78 percent also believed that open networking represents a more flexible approach to IT that will benefit their business goals.
- 43 percent nominated security and compliance concerns as their biggest barrier to open networking adoption, with 34 percent also being concerned about the skills gap, and 32 percent citing the challenges of legacy integration as another significant barrier.
- 53 percent believed increased training for senior IT staff around SDN/NFV can help reduce perceived security risks, 47 percent cited maturation of the technology as a factor in risk reduction, 45 percent were looking for wider industry standards adoption, and 38 percent believed working with a trusted technology partner is a significant success factor.
- Follow Juniper Networks online: Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
- Juniper Blogs and Community: J-Net
- Juniper 1on1 app: Keep up with all things Juniper right from your smartphone. Download from iTunes and Google Play store today.
- Press release: Juniper Announces Global OpenLabs Program