Juniper Networks Delivers Enhanced Performance and Features for its Physical and Virtual SRX Firewalls
New Express Path for the SRX5000 Series Reduces Latency and Secures Massive, Diverse Applications at Line Speeds; The Industry’s Most Feature Rich Virtual Firewall vSRX Adds Increased Application Visibility
- Advanced Security for Traffic Flows:
- The Express Path capability will allow customers to deploy the SRX firewall flexibly and efficiently in their networks for securing both normal and latency sensitive traffic on a per policy basis within the same line card.
- Unique to Juniper, Express Path software and hardware optimization enables the SRX to identify and prioritize specific types of traffic to be fast-pathed to IOCII hardware, delivering very high throughput and low latency for applications as needed. This empowers companies to utilize security resources more efficiently and yield dramatic cost savings from the reduced configuration.
- The solution identifies and prioritizes active session flows to receive appropriate security treatment based on the type of traffic.
- Unprecedented Performance Improvements:
- Express Path on the SRX delivers unprecedented performance improvements in throughput of any packet size and enables the SRX to deliver latency as low as 7 microseconds.
- Express Path for the SRX5000 Series Services Gateway can now support single, high bandwidth flows of up to 100 Gigabit per second (Gbps) for fast data exchange of large amounts of information, without disruption. This is highly useful for organizations that have a need to exchange and transfer large amounts of data securely and frequently at high speeds.
- With speeds of 1 Tbps, Express Path allows the SRX firewall to be deployed in a variety of use cases where speed is essential to the business, including large enterprises with massive volumes of traffic on their networks, financial services firms, governments and service providers (wireline and wireless) securing very large amounts of subscriber data.
- Improved Deployment Flexibility and Operational Efficiency:
- The SRX firewall performance improvements are achieved without compromising security efficacy. Express Path can be enabled when optimal speed is desired for certain traffic types.
- The SRX Series Services Gateways minimize upgrade costs with backward compatibility among existing cards and chassis, eliminating the need for “forklift” upgrades.
Additional 2015 Innovation Showcase News Highlights
- Juniper also today announced that vSRX now supports key AppSecure 2.0 capabilities, providing application visibility and control features that help protect virtualized and cloud environments from sophisticated application-based threats. This enhancement to the vSRX rounds out the virtual security solution by adding layer 7 firewall services to its existing suite of services, including integrated connectivity and routing, unified threat management (UTM) and intrusion prevention systems (IPS).
- Moreover, the vSRX portfolio of software-based network and security services can be used in conjunction with a variety of network function virtualization (NFV) and software-defined networking (SDN) solutions such as Juniper Contrail, OpenContrail and third-party SDN solutions.
- Today, Juniper also introduced the QFX10000, a new line of spine switches that will offer unprecedented scale, automation and performance to all types of data center and cloud deployments. Additionally, Juniper announced Junos® Fusion for data centers, which will enable customers to manage their entire data center as a single network to ensure simpler network designs and long-term investment protection.
- Juniper also unveiled an enhanced Converged Supercore®, which includes new custom silicon, updates to the PTX router and expanded SDN capabilities via the NorthStar Controller. With these new innovations, Juniper will deliver the industry’s most powerful and optimized core routing platform available to enable service providers to better connect a world amid explosive and unpredictable bandwidth demands.
- Blog: Juniper Unveils 2015 Innovations in Routing, Switching and Security by Jonathan Davidson
- Blog: Say goodbye to the network performance/security dilemma by Rajoo Nagar
- Blog: Seventh heaven: How vSRX and Layer 7 firewall services can help you sleep better at night by Mora Gozani
- Press Release: Juniper Networks Innovation Showcase Features New Lineup of Breakthrough-Performance Networking Products
- Video: Juniper Networks’ Point of View on Security
- Juniper SRX Series Services Gateways: https://www.juniper.net/us/en/products-services/security/srx-series/
- Juniper vSRX: https://www.juniper.net/us/en/products-services/security/srx-series/vsrx/
- Juniper AppSecure: www.juniper.net/us/en/products-services/security/appsecure/
- Juniper.net Community: www.juniper.net/community