Juniper Networks Delivers Unprecedented Automation, Scale, and Performance with New Data Center Cloud Spine Switches
New QFX10000 Switch Line with Purpose-Built Silicon and New Junos Fusion for the Data Center Ensure Simpler Network Design and Long-Term Investment Protection
QFX10000 Line Highlights
- Industry Leading Scale and Density for Long-Term Investment Protection:
- The QFX10002 is the industry’s most compact 100GE spine switch, delivered in a fixed configuration 2-rack unit form-factor with the ability for customers to upgrade seamlessly from 40GE to 100GE within the same switch. Additionally, it offers 2 to 4 times the system and 5 to 10 times the logical scale of competitors’ larger and power hungry switches, resulting in simple, efficient network designs and reduced OpEx.
- The QFX10008 is a modular, eight slot chassis that delivers ground breaking 100GE port density and up to 48Tbps of total system capacity.
- The QFX10016 will deliver unprecedented system capacity of up to 96Tbps, combined with leading port density in a powerful 16-slot chassis.
- Purpose-built Q5 Chip Delivers Unparalleled Performance for Cloud Switches:
- The Q5 ASIC sits at the heart of the new QFX10000 switch line and offers deep telemetry capabilities that boost the analytics and automation of the QFX10000 line.
- With deep buffers and an architecture that supports diverse, demanding applications, the Q5 ASIC offers reliable performance, scalable virtualization for SDN, and logical scale for applications such as big data, video and IP storage.
- The Q5 ASIC employs hybrid memory cube technology, a highly advanced capability not found in merchant silicon.
- Open and Automation-Enabled Software Architecture:
- Junos Fusion for data centers is a flexible, open architecture that shares common switching building blocks with QFabric System. It enables coherency through automation and manages the entire data center as a single network rather than individual network elements.
- Junos Fusion makes it easy to automate the turn-up and configuration of new networks and reduces the risk of configuration errors. In conjunction with EVPN/VxLAN, it simplifies application placement across multiple layers of the network.
- The QFX product line features enhancements to the Junos DevOps feature suite that allow customers to write custom applications in any programming language to interact with Junos.
- The new switch line is designed to make network management and provisioning simple and automated, with support for a highly diverse set of automation and orchestration tools, including Junos Space Network Director as well as industry tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, and OpenStack.
- Integration with Juniper’s Cloud Analytics Engine automates network troubleshooting and analysis to reduce operational expenses and maximize efficiency of the network.
Additional 2015 Innovation Showcase News Highlights
- Juniper today unveiled an enhanced Converged Supercore®, which includes new custom silicon, updates to the PTX router and expanded SDN capabilities via the NorthStar Controller. With these new innovations, Juniper will deliver the industry’s most powerful and optimized core routing platform available to enable service providers to better connect a world amid explosive and unpredictable bandwidth demands.
- Juniper also announced the availability of Express Path, an optimization capability for the SRX5000 Series Services Gateways that will dramatically boost throughput, reduce latency and improve session scalability for enterprises and service providers. This new technology enables the SRX firewall to keep pace with the massive volumes of data traffic on high-performance networks.
- Blog: Juniper Unveils 2015 Innovations in Routing, Switching and Security by Jonathan Davidson
- Blog: QFX10000: When Faster is Not Fast Enough by Brendan Hayes
- Video: Juniper Networks QFX10000 Data Center and Cloud Switches
- Press Release: Juniper Networks Innovation Showcase Features New Lineup of Breakthrough-Performance Networking Products
- Juniper Networks QFX Series of Switches: http://www.juniper.net/us/en/products-services/switching/qfx-series/
- Juniper.net Community: www.juniper.net/community