Juniper Networks Teams with Verisign to Link On-Premise and Cloud-Based Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) Protection
Hybrid Solution Provides Open Standards-Driven Interoperability to Enable Enterprises with Real-Time Adaptive Mitigation that Protects Against Both High-Volume and Targeted Application-Level DDoS Attacks
- Real-Time Adaptive Mitigation
- Juniper DDoS Secure intelligently monitors the health of protected services and applications that reside in the data center, stopping low and slow attacks locally with a sub-second time of detection to mitigation response.
- When an attack is determined to exceed the network capacity at the data center edge, mitigation moves to Verisign's globally connected, fully redundant cloud-based platform to provide comprehensive protection against network and application layer attacks.
- The solution proactively adjusts the security posture continuously based on coordinated local and global risk assessment. Verisign iDefense analysts actively monitor indicators of attacks, in order to assist Verisign's DDoS protection engineers in creating new signatures for new attacks, while Juniper DDoS Secure heuristics engine inspects both inbound and outbound traffic to calculate local risk.
- The solution provides customers flexible deployment choices to suit their individual business risk profiles, scaling to support the largest enterprise network with geographically diverse footprints.
- Joint Collaboration for Enhanced Integration
- The companies have entered into an agreement to create a next-generation hybrid DDoS offering, intended to enable more comprehensive, automated DDoS protection in increasingly heterogeneous environments that span public, private and hybrid clouds.
- Open Standards for DDoS Protection in Heterogeneous Environments
- The companies further plan to define and promote open source standards for communication between dedicated, on-premise DDoS mitigation devices and cloud-based solutions.
- Standards-driven interoperability should promote wider adoption of effective, intelligence-driven DDoS mitigation systems that meet business needs and should free customers from proprietary vendor lock-in.
- About Juniper DDoS Secure
- Juniper Networks DDoS White Paper
- About Verisign DDoS Protection
- Juniper Networks & Verisign Solution Infographic